Monday, December 31, 2007

Black on White

What is Black on White?
Above all, it is a web site designed to help writers overcome hurdles (including fear) that are preventing them from producing pages on a regular basis. So often a person will have the desire to write, but fail to complete a work. You'll hear this often: In order to be a writer, one must WRITE. Lord knows I've wasted too many months (OK, years) making excuses when I could have been getting my writing projects done. I want writers use this site as a resource which will encourage them to make a commitment to a project until it's done. To learn more about the philosophy of this page, and more about me, check out The Dust Jacket.

Who's it for?
It's for any writer, or those interested in writing. I hope novelists, short story writers, screenwriters, and nonfiction authors will find it equally enjoyable and useful.

Is this just another way for some jerk to get my money?
Emphatically, NO. I will not charge any fees, or try to sell a service on this web page. Call me a misty-eyed dreamer, but this site is designed with the intention of being a place where writers can come together just when you feel like throwing up all over your keyboard and giving up. A lot more of this philosophy will be explained in detail if you read The Dust Jacket.

What's required for me to participate?
Nadda. Zip. Zilch. Zero. BoW is here for you. There's no sales pitch and no low monthly payment. And I promise not to call just as you're sitting down to dinner.

I only ask that you make the most of this website and what it offers. Our mailing list is a great place to get going if you want a daily nudge in the right direction. If you choose to join, please read our posting guidelines to help keep the list running smoothly. Otherwise, come on in and look around!

Table of Contents

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home